A unique treasury of words especially written for children in grades K–2, ages 5–7.
- Introduces young readers to 3,000 words using 1,000 entries
- Hundreds of captivating illustrations by beloved children's illustrator Ruth Heller
- Have fun learning about words, their meanings, and how to spell them
- Teaches basic dictionary skills: alphabetization, spelling, parts of speech, letter sounds, use of synonyms and antonyms, homographs and homophones
- Jokes, riddles, poems, and fun facts based on word play make learning fun
- References to popular stories, fairy tales, myths, and nursery rhymes spark imagination and encourage language exploration
- Words, phrases, and their meanings are discussed in full age-appropriate sentences, with usage examples to show how they are used in context