Nearly 25,000 terms with dictionary-scale definitions.
- More than 8,000 highly detailed, full-color illustrations, organized by subject in specialized fields from all aspects of life.
- Many illustrations have been redrawn to modernize their design, such as for TV and medical equipment, while other illustrations for new technologies, such as touch screen smartphones, have been added
- Nearly 25,000 up-to-date technical and everyday terms with clear, concise definitions edited by Merriam-Webster lexicographers
- Eighteen chapters and corresponding themes include a wide variety of fields: astronomy, the earth, human beings, the animal kingdom, plants and gardening, house and do-it-yourself, food, arts and architecture, clothing, science and energy, sports and games, and much more
- Perfect for work, school, self-study, research, or simply browsing