An essential dictionary to help children navigate their adventure into language, for grades 3–5, ages 8–11.
This newly revised dictionary provides the guideposts that children in elementary school need to build vocabulary, comprehend spelling, and navigate the English language.
- More than 36,000 entries with abundant usage sentences and phrases
- Hundreds of illustrations, photographs, and diagrams that supplement definitions
- Nearly 350 word history and synonym paragraphs clarify meaning
- Pronunciation paragraphs at the beginning of each letter explain the sounds that letters can have
- Special sections include U.S. Presidents, Signs and Symbols, and a guide to punctuation, capitals, and italics