This newly revised and updated edition is written especially for the needs of students grades 5–8, ages 11–14. Newly added vocabulary pays particular attention to this age group in the areas of social media, technology, and entertainment.
- More than 150,000 word choices include synonyms, antonyms, related words, and idiomatic phrases
- Up-to-date idiomatic and colloquial phrases added at many entries
- Entries feature concise statements of shared meanings
- Includes a usage example for every synonym, with many revised to full sentences, that today’s students will find relatable
- The perfect companion to the updated Merriam-Webster’s Intermediate Dictionary